Return to the Land of Qat and Man-Skirts

Long ago, at the beginning of this blog, I journeyed to an ancient land, to explore what might await me. Today I had the opportunity to return again.

When I first visited, I took a picture at night of a new, great mosque being built. I accidentally used my flash, and one of the guard-soldiers made me delete the picture, on penalty of taking my camera. I went back to the hotel room and took the picture from a distance- for there was no logical reason why they would deny people the right of taking pictures of a mosque that can be seen from everywhere in the city. This incredibly beautiful mosque, the President's Mosque, is the largest in Yemen and one of the largest in the world, and it is now completed.

























Comments

Anonymous said…
Incredibly beautiful and profound archetecture. You've been privileged to view places I may never see...mom
Anonymous said…
You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view
I love the architecture of this mosque, Jedidiah! Both the interior and exterior seem stunning and worth seeing!
Jed Carosaari said…
Yes, Agness. Such a shame that it's no longer available to visit.

Popular Posts