Commitment and Calling

For all my dad's preaching, as an adult, I've never heard him. Well, that's not true. You can take the preacher out of the pulpit, but you can't take the pulpit out of the preacher. So let me start over.

As an adult, I've never heard my dad preaching from the pulpit. He preached often when I was a child, but I don't remember it. Today in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, was my first opportunity to experience this treat. And, perhaps your first opportunity as well.

Video below is broken into five chunks, for uploading purposes. First off is my old babysitter singing:

The sermon began with my dad sharing how there was something really special going on at this church, Cornerstone Church, but some treat it like their favorite restaurant. They don't want to tell anyone else about it, because the chef and waiters won't pay as much attention to them if everyone goes there.

Technical difficulties kept me from video recording the segment about the open air double-decker bus police chase, where our band would play righteous rock n'roll from the top of an open double-decker bus down the streets of London, with the bobbies trying to chase us down as the bus wove in and out of traffic, and then shutting us down. For a block, after which we would wait for the police to leave and start up again.




At this point, I ran out of video, so there is an eight minute segment unrecorded. Here my dad discusses how God provides miraculously, and how the Jesus Movement changed Christian music forever. He goes to the invaluable contributions of the Steinkes (whose daughter is married to the pastor of Cornerstone Church) in the beginnings of the Jesus Movement in Wisconsin, and how they provided their best bed for my mother and father some nine months before I was born. The Holy Spirit works amazingly, and we are called to act in real faith. The economy will hopefully get worse. To hear more of this, go to the audio only link below.



To hear full audio only, go to Cornerstone Church's MP3.

Comments

Popular Posts